I recently posted an article here on PPC Ian highlighting my angel investing approach. While I’m a dividend investor at heart, I take great pride in allocating capital towards promising early-stage technology companies, especially when the CEO is a personal friend. Well, it just so happens that DigitalTown (the topic of today’s post) happens to be one of these very examples. Rob Monster, CEO of DigitalTown, has been a friend of mine for many years, and I have had the great pleasure of investing in both of his companies, Epik and DigitalTown.
My Rob Monster Video Interview: A Natural Follow-Up To His Written Interview
An incredibly successful serial entrepreneur, you may recall that Rob’s written interview here on PPC became one of the most visited posts on my entire site! Today, I’m back with more. I’m thrilled to share my exclusive video interview with Rob Monster, featuring 50 minutes of insights from the CEO, investor, family man, and entrepreneur himself.
What You’ll Find In Today’s DigitalTown Video
Whether you are an entrepreneur, business executive, smart cities enthusiast, digital marketer, investor, or college student, I truly believe today’s video holds great value for everyone. Following are some of the topics that you’ll enjoy:
- An existing publicly-traded company, find out how Rob stepped into the CEO seat and reimagined the future of DigitalTown.
- A company at the center of the Smart Cities movement, find out what DigitalTown is all about and what the future holds for smart cities.
- With partnership opportunities abundant, find out which types of businesses can integrate with the DigitalTown ecosystem.
- Find out how governments are working with DigitalTown.
- DigitalTown has an impressive partnership with .London (dot London) and other new top level domain registries (such as dot city). Learn how direct navigation, and dot London, are important to DigitalTown’s strategy.
- As a business with a local presence or an individual with a passion for engaging with local communities and local people, want to get started with DigitalTown? Rob shares how!
- Especially amongst younger generations, there here seems to be a movement towards living and working in larger cities. Will DigitalTown help revitalize smaller cities and towns as well? Rob shares how.
- Find out what local merchants are saying about DigitalTown.
- A company that has grown quickly, learn about the major acquisitions that have helped fuel DigitalTown’s ascendance. Learn about Rob’s strategy behind "build vs. buy" when it comes to acquisitions.
- Find out about DigitalTown’s latest acquisition, Comencia, and how it will bring user-generated ratings and reviews into the ecosystem. Comencia is all about the local opinion, something critical for the smart city model.
- The man who does it all (and I’m telling you, I have not met too many people who accomplish as much as Rob Monster), learn how faith is critical to Rob’s success.
- Find out how the power of prayer empowers Rob’s success in business and life. And, how Rob’s faith in Jesus Christ has played a role in DigitalTown as a company.
- Leave the interview with some final perspectives that will frame your outlook on business and life.
Thank You, Rob Monster and DigitalTown Board of Directors
In closing, I want to take this opportunity to sincerely thank Rob Monster and DigitalTown. Rob has invested quite a bit of time on this video interview and also his previous written interview, with the goal of adding value to the PPC Ian community. A busy man with many responsibilities, I sincerely thank you Rob on behalf of everyone watching and reading. Your wisdom and knowledge means a lot to us! I also want to take this opportunity to thank Rob and the DigitalTown board of directors for their amazing hospitality at their latest board meeting. I truly enjoyed the opportunity to meet everyone over dinner, spending time with such an incredible team.
Check Out My (Quickly Growing) YouTube Channel
These days, I’m quite focused on video, and my YouTube channel is growing quickly. I please invite you to enjoy Rob Monster’s video interview. If you enjoy it, you may also enjoy some of my brand new investing videos as well, ones where I share my passion and strategies for dividend growth investing. If you like what you see, please make sure to stop by my YouTube channel, and subscribe for the latest. Thanks so much for watching!
Disclaimer: Today’s post and video are for fun and entertainment. This post and video are not investment advice. I am not a licensed investment advisor. If you are considering taking a financial position in any company (DigitalTown or any others), please consult your investment advisor before doing so.
Disclosure: I am a shareholder in both of Rob Monster’s companies, DigitalTown (Ticker: DGTW) and Epik (privately held).