I’ve been in search engine marketing since 2004, with a huge focus on pay per click. I’ve been very fortunate to round out my skillset in email marketing, blogging, SEO, display, and other marketing channels. You might be thinking, how could I possibly learn all these skills when pay per click is so crazy in its own right, managing multimillion dollar corporate budgets? Really, it comes down to a few simple strategies:
- First, I got out there and went for it. I formed my own web publishing operation, IJL Productions LLC, and have since developed over 50 websites that benefit thousands of visitors each and every day. This has been my main method of learning all about SEO, email marketing, and blogging.
- Second, I’ve spent a significant amount of time networking with the different teams at the companies I’ve worked for. This has been an amazing way to learn display, SEO, email, and so much more. Often times, simple networking has turned into collaborative projects where myself and my team have gotten a first hand opportunity to work on interdisciplinary projects!
- Third, I spend a significant amount of time reading whitepapers and eBooks. It’s amazing these days the types of insights you can learn from eBooks.
In the spirit of my third strategy for building out a well rounded online marketing skillset, I’m very excited to share with you Acquisio’s FREE eBook about Why Display Matters to Search Marketers. I recently discovered this amazing eBook and have learned quite a bit about display marketing from it. The online marketing landscape is truly changing and it’s a very wise investment to learn all of the different online marketing channels. Check out Acquisio’s eBook and you’ll be well on your way to learning about display!
What is Acquisio?
I’m a huge fan of SEM automation. As you may know, I recently wrote a free 12 page whitepaper all about buying the right SEM automation application for your organization. It all makes perfect sense in my opinion: Without leverage and automation, you cannot possibly scale with efficiency.
That’s were Acquisio steps in. This cross channel performance marketing platform is one of the absolute best platforms out there for tracking your campaigns, reporting, day-to-day management, automation, optimization, and so much more. Whether you’re a large agency, small agency, or even direct advertiser, you’ve just got to investigate Acquisio as part of your SEM platform strategy. Acquisio’s executive team is comprised of well known SEM industry gurus such as Marc Poirier, co-founder and CMO, who are circuit speakers at industry events such as SMX (Search Marketing Expo) and SES (Seach Engine Strategies). I’m certainly a huge fan of this platform!
Why Download Acquisio’s Display Advertising eBook?
I highly recommend downloading Acquisio’s free eBook about why Display Matters To Search Marketers. I thoroughly enjoyed this eBook for many reasons. The following three are just a flavor of my takeaways:
- I went away from this eBook knowing that I absolutely must continue to perfect my skills in display advertising. My career in online marketing relies on it! In many verticals, pay per click is becoming increasingly competitive. There are only so many keywords you can buy. You can’t bid higher than position number one. You can only optimize your ad copy and landing pages so much. I see a point where it may become difficult to grow paid search for certain established verticals/advertisers (beyond the overall growth rate of the Internet). Display offers an awesome complement to paid search and a brand new frontier for incremental growth. (As a side note, I highly recommend SEM platforms such as Acquisio if you’re facing a plateau in your own search marketing program. Online marketing platforms can unlock new efficiencies and opportunities that are not possible with manual campaign management!)
- I really enjoyed learning all about recent improvements to Real Time Bidding (RTB). Basically, display is becoming more and more like paid search in terms of bidding (and in some respects even more complex and exciting). How cool is that? What a great frontier for pay per click professionals!
- Last, I went away from this eBook with a structured plan (7 steps) on how I can get more involved in display. I’m going to take this plan with me to work tomorrow and start putting it into action. Currently, many organizations are planning for 2011. What a great time to leverage Acquisio’s tactical display plan for your company’s benefit!
Image of Acquisio homepage © Acquisio.com
Dino Vedo says
6 years in the business! Thats really impressive, im about to hit my first full year in the IM world this November actually, and who knows what riches this coming year will bring? 😉
Anyways, great post, been a while… probably because of all the Christmas PPC trends eh?? haha
Thanks so much for the comment and kind words, much appreciated as always! 🙂 You’ve certainly accomplished amazing things in your first year, that’s unreal. Congrats! I’m really looking forward to 2011, going to be a huge year for sure. You are correct about the post, it has been a while, longer than I’d like. It always seems like things get so busy this time of year. I’m actually in the finance vertical but still super busy. How about you? Have been keeping up with your blog, great posts as always.
All the best,
Dino Vedo says
Yep I’ve been trying to keep up with posts every now and then, but since my blog isnt a big part of my income online its hard to keep it going, but im trying haha..
Btw, i know your busy and all but just a quick reminder in case you forgot about the recommendation letter I needed by the end of this month.. if you need any more questions answered or anything just shoot me a quick email and i’ll help you out so I can get that finished for my college apps!
Thanks again and really appreciate it!
I haven’t forgotten! I hope to have the recommendation done tomorrow and then the hard copies mailed to you this weekend. 🙂
All the best,
Dino Vedo says
Thanks so much Ian!
Excellent Ebook. I agree with one of Acquisio’s core messages, “if a marketer doesn’t know what they are bidding on, they won’t bid at all.” Marketers tend to get focused in their own area of expertise, this guide does a good job of outlining what you need to consider to effectively utilize display advertising.
Thanks for sharing your experience. One thing I have to admit is that you had really interacted with some bright minds and adding your experience everything went smoothly.