I’m a huge fan of diversification. Whether we’re talking about investments, digital marketing, or life in general, it’s all about diversifying away risk. Are you newer to digital marketing? Do you allocate all of your digital marketing budget to Google AdWords? This is how most people start, and makes total sense. However, as your business grows (or even if you’re in a happy steady state and are looking to lower risk), you may want to consider branching out beyond Google. The best place to start, in my opinion: Bing Ads, the platform that powers Yahoo! and Bing.
Today, I want to feature a special promotion from my good friends at Acquisio, a leading performance marketing platform. I have been great friends with the Acquisio team for a number of years. They are amazing and offer one of the best digital marketing technologies around. Acquisio is leveraged by advanced marketing operations, and is the platform of choice for digital marketing agencies. Also, they offer client services from industry experts. Combining a solid technology platform plus seasoned digital marketing client services support is the winning combination for success in today’s complex online marketing landscape.
Like yours truly, Acquisio believes in the power of diversification. They are confident that Bing Ads is a great opportunity for digital marketers. In fact, they are so confident that they are offering up to $2,500 Bing Ads free advertising. Make sure to head on over to Acqusio to learn more and, if interested, move quickly. This particular opportunity ends July 31, 2014 at 11:59 PM EST.
Here’s why I’m such a fan of this particular promotion:
- Bing Ads works! I have been a long-time advertiser on Bing Ads and its predecessors (such as Microsoft adCenter, Yahoo! Search Marketing, and Overture) since the early 2000s.
- In many verticals, Bing Ads tends to be less competitive than Google. (True, search volume is lower on Bing Ads, however the lower level of competition makes it easy to drive high quality traffic to your business.)
- Just like Google, Bing Ads offers world-class technology and support. They have a great desktop editor application, cutting-edge features, and a super support team (powered by Yahoo!).
- Acquisio is an amazing technology platform and company. I have learned so much from them over the years (via their speaking at industry conferences, personal friendships, and their industry-leading whitepapers and eBooks). Aside from the free money, this is simply a great opportunity to work with very smart people in building your Bing strategy. The value you extract from this opportunity should far exceed the simple monetary benefit.
- Have you been considering Acquisio as the platform of choice to power your digital marketing operations? This is a great time to audition their platform while taking advantage of a sweet deal.
- Every dollar helps. I’m a very frugal digital marketer. I drive the best possible results with the lowest possible spend. I’m scrappy. I have found that the scrappy, frugal approach works wonders for any business. I very rarely pass by free money, and here’s your opportunity to get some free money. You have to spend money to get the free credit (check out Acquisio for more info on the details), but free money is free money. And, if you wanted to test Bing anyways, why not get free money and special support from an incredibly successful platform and client services team?
- It’s all about testing and diversification. If you’re not on Bing Ads, you really should be, in my opinion. Leverage this opportunity to diversify your digital marketing mix.
Thanks, Acquisio, for sharing such a special deal!
This promotion is being run by Acquisio. Restrictions may apply. Please make sure you check out Acquisio’s website (and contact them) to learn the full details.
Image in this post © Acquisio
I’m such a fan of Acquisio. These guys have built one of the most amazing performance marketing platforms in existence, one of the most popular for both agencies and direct advertisers. Back in April, I attended ad:tech SF and met with the Acquisio team. It’s there that I first learned about their new bid and budget management algorithms. Since then, they have fully released this new functionality, along with some amazing public case studies. Today, I wanted to take a quick moment to share their new enhancements, and then encourage you to head on over to Acquisio and arrange a demo!
With their new bid and budget management enhancements, Acquisio is upping the game when it comes to digital advertising. The three biggest highlights in my opinion:
- Bids are now updated every half hour! Most bid management platforms these days update bids daily. Imagine how much more efficiency is possible when you’re updating bids every half hour, based on intra-day data! The BBM algorithm is the brainchild of Acquisio’s Science Ops acquisition, an algo company that was working with NASA.
- Budgets are updated throughout the day based on intra-day performance. Great performing campaigns have an opportunity to scale and spend more money, low performing campaigns get throttled down. Budgets are shared across your suite of campaigns.
- Acquiso BBM is fully compatible with all other bid management platforms, and is technology that sits outside of the core Acquisio platform. Therefore, even if you are in contract with another automation platform and are not able to move over to Acquisio, you can still leverage the BBM technology.
Already, Acquisio BBM has driven incredible results. I encourage you to check out the Strathcom Media case study. Strathcom experienced twice as many clicks after implementing BBM in most cases, and experienced tremendous improvements in budget management.
I’m personal friends with Acquisio EVP and Co-Founder Marc Poirier. I’m really thrilled with their new BBM technology, and feel that it’s a major innovation in our industry (one of the biggest of 2013). Way to lead us forward, Acquisio!
Image in this post © Acquisio
This has been one exciting week for PPC Ian! It all started out with my exclusive Sean Marshall interview. Then, I had the honor of guest posting on AdMedia’s blog about Enhanced Campaigns. I had an absolute blast at the Marin Software Cocktail Party. Of course, I worked amazingly hard during all of this great stuff. Today’s post rounds up the week and highlights my fun visit to the InsideVault office earlier this week!
You may recall, I wrote a post a while back Introducing InsideVault. These guys are amazing! I’m personal friends with several employees at InsideVault, and I am here to say they are brilliant people and have built an amazing SEM platform!
On Tuesday night, after wrapping up an exciting and productive day at work, I drove over to the InsideVault San Carlos office. I met with Chaitanya Chandrasekar (CEO & Co-Founder), Brian Bird (Co-Founder & Head of Business Development), and Guillermo Cockrum (Business Development). I got a demo of the platform and it’s quite impressive. I was especially thrilled to see:
- The overall speed of the platform. InsideVault is really fast. These guys are big data experts and built the platform for amazing speed.
- InsideVault fully supports Google product listing ads. If you’re in the product shopping space, this feature is sure to help you out.
- The platform offers an amazing level of detail. I’m talking about going beyond the keyword level: keyword + slot + network + match type + device + more! InsideVault really allows search marketers to drill down.
- InsideVault offers reporting at the ad extension level, plus an easy interface for sitelink management.
- So much more!
After an exciting demo, hanging out with friends, and taking pictures (see below), my good friend Guillermo and I went over to The Office for dinner. If you have not been there, I recommend it – the burgers are great. Are you in the market for an SEM automation platform? Want to take your SEM program to the next level? I highly recommend checking out InsideVault. Ask for my friend Guillermo and he can arrange a demo for you!
Image of PPC Ian and InsideVault © PPCIan.com
I’m a huge fan of Marin Software. I’ve covered Marin Software here on PPC Ian for years! I’m really happy and excited for all my friends at Marin, just last week they filed for IPO. Marin has built so much momentum over the years, and is a truly amazing platform and company. When it comes to SEM automation platforms like Marin, I’m the biggest proponent around. Marin’s pending IPO truly puts our industry and SEM automation on the map. Want to learn more? Check out the official IPO Press Release.
Tonight, I really enjoyed Marin Software’s cocktail party at Waterbar San Francisco. This party provided a great opportunity to catch up with my friends from Marin Software while networking with other online advertisers. Check out the picture below from the party, the venue was unbeatable! Marin Software truly builds lasting relationships with their clients and partners. Thanks, Marin for an awesome time and congrats on your pending IPO!
Image in this post © PPCIan.com