I’m the biggest fan of the digital marketing career path around. In fact, that’s the precise reason I created PPC Ian nearly four years ago! PPC Ian is here to educate and empower those in the online marketing career path. Today, I wanted to write a quick post about embracing change in your marketing career. Change can come out of nowhere. Sometimes, it can catch you off guard with surprise. Sometimes, you may not look forward to change. Other times, you are the one planning the change, via exciting innovations, as an instigator of change and progress. Change is often exciting and fun. Learn to embrace and enjoy the excitement that comes with change and your career will flourish to new heights.
Change creates so much opportunity for one’s career! There are two main reasons why:
- Change and innovation is at the core of a successful business. Only those enterprises that move quickly will remain #1 in their industry. Take it easy and remain complacent in your practices and your business will slowly (or sometimes quickly) go downhill. Push forward quickly and the sky is the limit.
- Not everyone is able to manage change. Change requires a unique perspective and attitude. It requires a true leader to embrace change with an open and fearless attitude. It takes an even greater leader to envision the future and lead others through change.
Today, I wanted to share a few types of change to expect in your digital marketing career. Prepare for these changes and you will thrive. Even better: Be an instigator of change and progress and the sky is the limit. One thing is for sure: Never have a closed mind. Always be open and willing to evaluate new opportunities, even if they do not seem intuitive right away.
Just a few changes to be ready to embrace:
- Marketing campaign budgets – Be ready for increases or decreases, the beauty of paid media is the flexibility to throttle up and down.
- New marketing platforms and technologies – Platforms are always changing. The top platform of yesterday is not always the top platform today. The top platform today is not always the top platform tomorrow.
- New managers and leadership
- Changes in responsibility
- Search engine algorithm updates
- Competitive changes on search engines
- New office locations, new seating arrangements within your current office
- Times of rapid growth and long hours, combined with incredible opportunity
- Increased complexity, new technologies, new ways of marketing
- Very timely requests, real time adaptive marketing
- Changes in overall goals and targets
- Changes in strategy and priorities
- So much more!
Every day is an opportunity to learn and grow, and change within your marketing career supercharges your growth!
Image of Change Ahead © iStockPhoto – arcady_31